Monday, October 11, 2010

Popcorn

My friend Paul Adams and I did a little bartering with popcorn and dried fruit. Paul Adams runs the Seseme Street CSA here in McMinnville and this year he grew popcorn. In case you do not know, CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Paul grows food in his city garden and families from the community pay a yearly fee to be a part of the bounty. It is amazing to see how much food a person can grow in their front yard.

As for the popcorn, I love making popcorn. Talk about growing your own snacks. I have not grown popcorn in my garden, but the success Paul had is making me want to try this coming year.

Paul and his lovely daughter Lucy :)

1 comment:

  1. You know we all should grow something in our front yards. I have always wanted to grow tomatoes and other vegetables. It will be great in a lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete