Monday, December 6, 2010

Harvest Salad


Winter is the time for eating slow cooked meals, but who is to say that you cannot accompany them with a wonderful fresh salad. Let me just say that I am not a big fan of salads, however, I love this salad. I love the sweet raspberry vinaigrette made with summer raspberry jam. I love the fall crisp apples, and being able to use lettuce from my winter garden. I thank my wife Rebecca for making this and getting me to try it, even though she knows that it is not always easy for me to eat salads. Hope you enjoy it.


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
  • 1 bunch spinach and/or available lettuce.
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries.
  • 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, you can substitute for blue cheese.
  • 2-3 sliced thinly sliced apples depending.

  • 2 tablespoons red raspberry jam (with seeds)
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • salt to taste

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, toss together all of the first ingredients.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, pepper, and salt. Pour over the salad just before serving, and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment